Thursday, September 3, 2015


Why is the kakapo Nocturnal?

By Nethasa D
One day there lived a kakapo, he loved to play at night but he slept in the day, that is called nocturnal.
Anyway back to the story, he didn’t want to sleep any more in the day so his mother got confused. “Why are you not sleeping,” she yelled.
“Because I don’t want to be nocturnal.
 “Don’t argue with me.”
‘‘Sorry mum, but everyone is bullying me because I am nocturnal.”   
“Well the kiwi is nocturnal.”
“Well, still I wish I was wasn’t nocturnal!” he yelled.  “Everyone is different.
“Mum sang, “Everyone is different, now do you want to be yourself, the kakapo says, Yes, Yes.”

That is how the kakapo became nocturnal.

How the Kakapo is Flightless.
By Georgia

Once a long time ago there was a kakapo. She lived in the forest. Once she tried to fly but it did not work. Then came along an eagle. The eagle said, “ try harder.”
But it still did not work.
She tried again. It still did not work.
She started to cry.
A butterfly came along and said “cheer up.”
“Do not cry you will find a way to do it.”
“No, I wont,” the kakapo chirped.
“But you could fly me up to get some rimu berries.”
From that day on she asked for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment